- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C9 DB4 '1 VEV' Limited Edition
DescriptionAs with the car that inspired it, the C9 DB4 '1 VEV' is limited to just 19 editions, with each watch embedded with piece of the very car - registration number '1 VEV' - that Roy Salvadori drove at Goodwood (alongside Jim Clarke) in 1961.
In terms of provenance, the metal - from the Zagato's body panel - has been sourced by the specialists at TMB Art Metal and laser-cut into the shape of the car's steering wheel, visible through the watch's exhibition back. And, to reinforce its uniqueness, every model is engraved with its own individual serial number.
In terms of looks, the C9 DB4 '1 VEV' is one of the most beautiful Christopher Ward has ever created. Set in a 43mm case, it has numerals based on the car's speedometer and a rev counter-style power reserve complication at 6 o'clock.
Turning the watch over, the owner is greeted by the sight of the ETA Valgranges A07.161 movement, which can run for 46 hours off the wrist. The movement's rotor comes complete with Cotes de Geneve stripes on the 'Aston Martin green' rotor.
MovementFrom ETA's Valgranges Series (the 'Valgranges' indicates its relationship to the Valjoux 7750, also manufactured in Gretchen = 'granges'), the AO7 is a self-winding calibre with unidirectional winding and central-hacking seconds. It's also got a power reserve of 48 hours which is indicated on the dial, and comes courtesy of some clever decoupling that releases tension from the mainspring.
- Diameter: 43mm
- Height: 15.1mm
- Weight: 80g
- Calibre: ETA Valgranges A07.161
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Timing tolerance: +20/ -20 seconds per day
- Water resistance: 3 ATM/ 30 metres
- Strap: 22mm leather
- Swiss made
- Exclusively limited to only 19 pieces
- 24 jewel automatic movement with a disc of '1 VEV' Zagato precious metal with 'steering wheel' cut out embedded into exhibition backplate
- 46 hour power reserve with indicator at 6 o'clock
- Cotes de Geneve stripes and 'Aston Martin green' finish on rotor
- Museum grade anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Original Zagato speedometer inspired dial with SuperLuminova markings
- Surgical-grade stainless steel case with embossed crown
- Premium quality Peccary leather strap with '1 VEV' engraved Bader deployment
- Unique engraved individual serial number
- Beautiful presentation case and owner's handbook with Certificate of Provenance