- United Kingdom(GBP)
- United States(USD)
- European Union(EUR)
- Hong Kong SAR China(HKD)
C9 D-Type Limited Edition
DescriptionLimited to just 55 pieces, the C9 D-Type is, like the car that inspired it, a unique mix of heightened engineering and design.
Most importantly, it features a piece of metal from the pistons of one of the D-Type factory production models that won victories between 1955-1957.
Sourced by our partners, TMB Art Metal, the piece of piston is from one of the 18 racing models (most probably the one driven by Mike Hawthorn at Le Mans in 1955) and has been laser-cut into the shape of the D-Type's distinctive wheel and wheel-spinner, then placed into the watch. Its provenance is assured. In terms of its looks, the watch boasts a stunning black dial complete with numerals based on the car's speedometer and a fuel tank-themed power reserve complication at 6 o'clock.
Turning it over, the exhibition back lets the wearer see both the embedded metal and the ETA Valgranges A07.161 movement: its rotor finished beautifully with 'Cotes de Geneve' stripes.
Meanwhile, the backplate is engraved with the words 'D-Type Le Mans Winner' and a unique serial number.
MovementFrom ETA's Valgranges Series (the 'Valgranges' indicates its relationship to the Valjoux 7750, also manufactured in Gretchen = 'granges'), the AO7 is a self-winding calibre with unidirectional winding and central-hacking seconds. It's also got a power reserve of 48 hours which is indicated on the dial, and comes courtesy of some clever decoupling that releases tension from the mainspring.
- Diameter: 43mm
- Height: 15.1mm
- Weight: 80g
- Calibre: ETA Valgranges A07.161
- Case: 316L stainless steel
- Vibrations: 28,800 per hour
- Timing tolerance: +20/ -20 seconds per day
- Water resistance: 3 ATM/ 30 metres
- Strap: 22mm leather
- Lug to Lug: 51.5mm
- Swiss made
- Special limited edition of only 55 pieces
- 24 jewel automatic movement with a disc of D-Type precious metal with 'wheel-spinner' cut out embedded below museum-grade sapphire into exhibition backplate
- 46 hour power reserve with petrol tank-themed indicator at 6 o'clock
- Cotes de Geneve finish on rotor
- Museum grade anti-reflective sapphire crystal
- Original D-Type speedometer inspired dial with SuperLuminova markings
- Surgical-grade stainless steel case with embossed crown
- Premium quality Peccary leather strap with CW 'twin flags' logo debossed in green on reverse
- Unique engraved individual serial number
- Beautiful presentation case and owner's handbook with Certificate of Provenance